Gate 2016 Registration:The registration process for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2016) opens on September 1 and will close on October 1, 2015.ATE is jointly administered by the seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee)The notification has been released by IISc Bangalore for Gate 2016 and the dates have been released. The exam will be conducted from 30th January 2016 to 7th February 2016. All the candidates who are willing can check the details of exam pattern and syllabus and the eligibility criteria. The registration process starts today and the candidates can apply now.
Gate 2016 Registration process Starts Today: Check Exam pattern,Syllabus,Criteria
GATE scores are used for admission to post-graduate engineering programmes in centrally-funded institutes, including the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Some public and private sector undertakings also consider the GATE scores for employment processes.The registration process for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2016) begins on September 1 and will end on October 1 this year. GATE mainly tests candidates’ comprehensive understanding in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science
Gate 2016 Registration process
Gate 2016 Exam Pattern:
- Gate 2016 is a Computer Based Test (CBT) which is of single paper
- Gate 2016 will be for a duration of three hours and the paper will consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks
- The paper will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type questions.
- The candidates need to answer the question by using the mouse or the virtual keyboard which is provided and the computer’s keyboard will be disabled.
- Candidates will be given blank paper sheets in order to carry out rough work and after the completion of the exam, they will have to return these sheets before exiting the exam hall
- Candidates will not be given any extra time, as the computer screen will shut down itself after the completion of three hours.
Gate 2016 Application process:
All the candidates who are willing and eligible can apply online by visiting the official website of GATE 2016 Exam Click here
Gate 2016 Syllabus:
The syllabus for the Gate 2016 will vary from discipline to discipline and the syllabus can be seen by clicking on the provided link Click here
Gate 2016 Eligibility Criteria:
All the aspiring and willing candidates can check the eligibility criteria and can have glance at the official website Click here and by clicking on te Pre Exam column and clicking on the Eligibility
Candidates wishing to apply for GATE 2016 mush have qualified in any of the following:
M.Sc./M.A./MCA or equivalent
Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)
Int. M.Sc/Int. B.S.-M.S.
Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)
- Online submission of application last Date: October 1, 2015
- Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login last Date: November 20, 2015
- Availability of Admit Card: December 17, 2015
- GATE 2016 Online Examination: January 30, 2016, to February 7, 2016
- Exam timings: Forenoon– 9.00 AM to 12.00PM and Afternoon- 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
- Announcement of Results: March 19, 2016
Stay tuned for further updates on Gate 2016….For full details and online application, visit the official website: www.gate.iisc.ernet.in