MUSTANG IS MADE AVAILABLE FOR THE INDIAN MARKET
- American car maker Ford on 28th of january unveiled its ‘muscle car’ Mustang in India. It will go on sale in the second quarter of this year.
- Currently in its sixth generation, Ford first launched the Mustang in 1964 and has since sold more than 90 lakh units.
- “For the first time in 50 years, we have a right-hand drive Ford Mustang. It will go on sale in India in the second quarter of 2016,” Ford India managing director and president Nigel Harris said.
- The car will come with a 5–litre V8 engine.
- “The new Mustang is a modern interpretation of the American icon and we are thrilled to be giving our customers in India the opportunity to experience this piece of automotive history for the first time,” Mr. Harris said.
SPECS OF MUSTANG
Powerful. By Design.
- Shelby GT350
- The legacy returns with adrenaline-pumping performance.
- 5.2L V8 with flat-plane crank
526 hp and 429 lb.-ft. of torque
3.73 TORSEN limited-slip differential
- 2.3L EcoBoost
The available 2.3L EcoBoost engine – a marvel of power and efficiency.
320 lb.-ft. of torque*
- 5.0L V8
Mustang GT – the stuff of legends.
400 lb.-ft. of torque*
- Ideally balanced power
The 3.7L V6 strikes an ideal balance of power, displacement and efficiency.
280 lb.-ft. of torque
EPA-estimated 19 city/28 hwy/22 combined mpg
- Precise handling and control
The front and rear suspension systems work together to provide precise handling and control.
Fully independent rear suspension
Double-ball-joint front suspension
Pitch control during hard acceleration and hard braking
Reduction of body roll improves the overall feel and ride vs. the previous generation.
- Selectable Drive Modes
Customizable driving modes let you dial in preferred handling dynamics
Choose from four settings: normal, snow/wet, sport and track
Mustang adjusts its handling and response characteristics to optimize control
Select driving modes by using the toggle switch on the center stacK
Start Your Imaginations
Like the Mustang, Customizer is new from the ground up.
The only limit? Your imagination.
3-D rendering allows you to customize from any angle
Nearly endless custom colors and options
Create a profile and save dozens of cars
Share your creation with your social networks
Future updates: racing game and more parts
Download the app on your handheld device to customize anywhere