BSNL WebSite Hacked: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) website, www.bsnl.co.in, was hacked and defaced today 4th July 2015. A demands are posted on the home page said that the attack was done by the AnonOpsIndia Indian government’s stand on net neutrality and the way it is handling Digital India, hacker group AnonOpsIndia hacked BSNL Telecommunications website on Friday. Hours after the contravention, the website is still affected.
Who hacked BSNL WebSite??
The ‘Anonymous’ group that describes itself as “#OpIndia | Expect Us! ~ Anonymous #Hacktivists” share message in Twitter handle, has added one more page to the journal website – http://tj.bsnl.co.in/tjeditions/NOV14/anonops.html – listing its demands to the Central Government.
Payment details too. Bank details, account numbers too somewhere. Can't remember where. It's a huge mess of data! https://t.co/knSrVfi1pb
— AnonOpsIndia (@opindia_revenge) July 4, 2015
The group of Demands posted on the website asking the BSNL admin to patch up the site.
1) Demand government to take action against ( Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad) RS Prasad for openly challenging privacy of the citizens of India.
2) Demand government to take action against TRAI for their stupidity of releasing million Email IDs, helping spammers & violating your very own IT laws.
3) Demand government to take action against Reliance sending unencrypted data to China via their Jio Chat app.
4) Demand government (RS Prasad) to stop moving towards a licensing regime. We are watching your every move on net neutrality.
5) Demand government to shut down all surveillance projects like CMS & RS Prasad’s interception of phone calls before it is too late. Also release all details in public of whose phone calls have been tapped & are under surveillance.
6) Demand government (DoT) to unblock all websites & put an end to internet censorship.
7) Demand government to take action against NIC for trying to change history. Wikipedia is not your medium to promote lies & propagandas.
Do not start what you can’t stop. We already have our hands in most of government servers. | Lastly thanks BSNL for publishing this awakening telecommunication journal. We have made the best use of your crap site. U mad bro?” (sic)The hacked page continues to play a music in the background which says, “We Are Anonymous , We Are Legion , We Do Not Forgive, We Do Not Forget , Expect Us !”The same group had hacked the BSNL’s website way back in 2012 to lodge its protest against what it said was against section 66 A of the IT Act and in support of cartoonist Aseem Trivedi.
“You have stored passwords in plain text. Shame! Is this your #DigitalIndia? We also have access to all BSNL databases now. No data on the server was tampered though. But we have taken a copy of all your databases. Patch up before the Chinese get their hands on this. It’s a goldmine.”Among the ‘demands’ of the group are action against TRAI for releasing “million Email IDs, helping spammers & violating your very own IT laws”. The group has also alleged that Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance was sending unencrypted data to China through its Jio Chat app, and wanted the Government to take action against the company.
The group has also asked the Minister for Communications and Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad, “to stop moving towards a licensing regime”.