On Tuesday Reliance Jio made a big announcement – Jio Prime membership plan. Ever since its launch Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Jio has been offering free data services and free voice call services which include 1 GB data at 4G speeds every day. The happy new year offer of unlimited calls and data services will be coming to an end on March 31st, 2017.
After the happy New Year offer ends, Jio will be charged. On Tuesday Mukesh Ambani announced the new plan called Jio Prime which will allow users to avail the facilities for another year at a nominal price.
To become the prime customer of Reliance Jio, to get enrolled in the Jio Prime membership offer, users have to make a one-time payment of Rs 99 as a fee which is valid for one year. Additionally, to enjoy the benefits of Jio Prime offer, user have to pay monthly Rs 303 for the next 12 months to get free mobile data and other advantages.
Let’s look what offers provided by Vodafone, Airtel and Idea companies for its users-
Vodafone announced seven new 4G plans for prepaid users last month. The plan starts at Rs 150 for which user get 1GB of 4G data valid for 30 days. Similarly, 4G services at Rs 250 4GB data, at Rs 350 6GB data, at Rs 450 9GB data, at Rs 650 13GB data, at Rs 999 plan 22GB data and Rs 1500 plan 35GB data all are available for 30 days. Only prepaid customers can avail this plan.
At present, the telecom company has two plans on offer that gives some competition to Reliance Jio.
Prepaid 4G data plan: It provides 30GB of 4G data at Rs 1,495 for three months.
Special 4G data plan:
- It offers data worth Rs 9,000 for 12 months to customers who switch to Airtel 4G.
- The 12 months offer is available to any customer with a 4G mobile handset, and who is currently not on the Airtel network. Any customer, including existing Airtel customers, upgrading to a new 4G handset can also avail this offer.
- This offer can be availed only till February 28, 2017.
For Prepaid users: 3GB data with every Rs 345 recharge
- Under this offer, customers with any 4G mobile handset who are not on the Airtel network or upgrading to a new 4G device can enjoy 3GB free data, in addition to the regular pack benefits with Airtel’s Rs 345 prepaid recharge.
- The package will offer free calls – Local and STD – to any network in India plus 4GB data (1GB regular pack benefit and 3GB free data).
- The first time free 3GB data benefit can be availed through MyAirtel app and data benefits on subsequent recharge will be instant.
- The pack benefits will be valid for 28 days and can be availed for a maximum of 13 recharges till December 31, 2017.
For Postpaid users: Free 3 GB data per month with all MyPlan Infinity Plans
- Customers with any 4G mobile handset who are not on the Airtel network or upgrading to a new 4G device, will get 3 GB free data per month, with all MyPlan Infinity plans.
- This is in addition to regular plan benefits which includes unlimited free voice calling – Local, STD, roaming, free SMS and the ree subscription to Wynk Music and Wynk Movies.
- For instance, the Rs 549 Infinity plan will offer unlimited free calling plus 6GB data (3GB regular data and 3GB free data) per month along with other pack benefits to customers under this offer. The Rs 799 Infinity plan will provide unlimited free calling plus 8GB data (5GB regular data and 3GB free data) per month along with other pack benefits to customers under this offer.
- Postpaid customers can claim the free data through MyAirtel App.
It has announced a new plan last month under which it is offering 3GB of additional mobile data to customers who switch to new 4G handsets.
- Free data is provided to customers under the new plan will be 3G or 4G, depending on circle and handset. The data will be on 2G in the circles where Idea operates under 3G roaming agreements until 4G is launched.
For existing Idea prepaid 4G handset customers
- 1GB of data on Rs 348 recharge pack, in addition to unlimited voice calling and SMS is available.
- Users who recharge with this pack on a new 4G handset will get additional 3GB data. The benefit is valid for 28 days and can be availed for a maximum of 13 recharges in 365 days.
Idea postpaid customers subscribing to Rs 499 rental plan
- Unlimited local, national and incoming roaming calls with 3GB free data on 4G handset will be available.
- Non-4G handset users will get unlimited calling benefits and 1GB free data.
Idea postpaid customers with Rs 999 monthly rental plan
- Users will get all benefits of Rs 499 plan; besides this, they will be able to make free calls during roaming, get 8GB of mobile broadband on 4G handsets and 5GB data on other handsets.
Reliance Jio made road difficulty for other networks since it ever launch. Now with its Reliance Jio prime offers Mukesh Ambani is capturing the users to stick on to the Jio network giving tough competitive edge over other networks.