Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday has launched a new mobile app called as BHIM enabling a much faster, secured and reliable payments system that will use one’s smartphones for any cashless transactions. This mobile application has been named after the Dalit Icon Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
BHIM is abbreviated as Bharat Interface for Money and can be used with any other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) Applications and Bank Accounts. In order to use it , one needs to download this app from an App Store and get their bank accounts registered along with a UPI Pin for their account.
BHIM App Launched By Prime Minister Narendra Modi For E – Payments.
The Mobile Number will act as a payment address and after this one can easily start transactions. This new e – payment app is expected to minimise the usage of plastic cards and Point of Sale (PoS) machines. So BHIM App will eliminate the fee payments of various service providers like MasterCard, Visa which had become a stumbling block for the people to switch completely to the digital payments.
BHIM App can be used to send & receive money through one’s smartphones. Thus the money can also be sent to a non – UPI supported banks. Not only this , one can also check their bank balance through this app. Currently , two languages that are English and Hindi are supported in the BHIM App , and the other languages will be updated soon.
HOW WILL THE BHIM APP WORK?
1. One needs only the thumb. There is no need for internet connectivity. The thumb will work as your bank account and will become your identity.
2. You have to register your bank account with BHIM, set a UPI PIN for a bank account.
3. Your mobile number is your payment address. You can send, receive and request money from your friends, family, and clients.
4. The BHIM account will be linked to your bank account. You can manage, check balance and transfer money through easy clicks.
5. The app presently available in English and Hindi, later on other languages will be added to it. At once maximum transaction of Rs.10000 is possible and maximum Rs.20000 is possible within 24 hours.
This e – wallet app will feature the fingerprint verification in the future , on which PM Modi said , “Only your thumb will be needed to make your payments. So your thumb will be your bank!”
What will the digital transactions provide to the nation?
1. It will bring transparency in the banking system which will reduce the corruption.
2. It will help in uplifting poor.
3. The problem of cash will not create a chaos anymore.
4. The people will be able to manage their transaction from anywhere which will save time.
5. It will spread awareness and help the nation to progress.