BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) application which was launched on 30th December 2016 is ready to be downloaded from the Google Play Store on 2nd January 2017. With its launch, it has become the most downloaded app of the day.
The application was launched by Prime Minister Modi launched this UPI based mobile payment app to promote cashless transactions. The app was launched at the Digi Dhan Mela Event in Talkatora Statium in NEW DELHI. The application was dedicated to the Bharat Ratan Dr. B R Ambedkar. It was launched with the view to uplift poor by bringing them into the cashless society.
The app has crossed 1 million downloads within few hours of its launch. The application is developed by NPCI (National Payment Corporation of India). The application is presently rated 4.1/5 by the users.
Here are the some of the features of the BHIM application.
1. The application is based on the AADHAR CARD NUMBERS of the public.
2. It is a rebranded version of UPI (Unified Payment Interface) and USSD (Unstructured supplementary service data).
3. The thumb will work as your bank account and will become your identity.
4. There is no need of internet connectivity for the use of the app.
5. The app can work in any feature phone ranging from Rs.1000 to a high-priced smartphone.
6. You have to register your bank account with BHIM, set a UPI PIN for a bank account.
7. The BHIM account will be linked to your bank account. You can manage, check balance and transfer money through easy clicks.
8. The app presently available in English and Hindi, later on other languages will be added to it.
9. Your mobile number is your payment address. You can send, receive and request money from your friends, family, and clients.10. At once maximum transaction of Rs.10000 is possible and maximum Rs.20000 is possible within 24 hours.